Arts at USC
The University of Southern California offers an outstanding collection of art schools within a research university setting–unique amongst its peers. USC’s six arts schools, including the USC Fisher Museum and the USC Pacific Asia Museum, collectively produce a diverse array of recitals, performances, exhibitions, screenings, and lectures year-round.
The USC School of Architecture fuses history, theory, technology and design into a variety of degree programs that prepare students for the rigors of the professional design practices.
Art & Design
The USC Roski School of Art and Design’s faculty are internationally recognized artists who offer a progressive approach for experimentation in all forms of visual arts.
The USC School of Cinematic Arts trains fully-formed media makers, collaborators, and scholars situated to flourish in their chosen career path.
The USC Kaufman School of Dance is at the forefront of creating a new model for dance—a hybrid art form expressed in new media, scholarship, studio practice, music, choreography and performance.
The USC School of Dramatic Arts’ conservatory environment blends with the full academic experience found at a major research university.
The USC Thornton School of Music consistently ranks among the top one percent of the nation’s music schools and conservatories.
USC Roski School of Art and Design: USC Wellness Campaign
Roski students created self-portraits that captured the complex emotions of living under COVID-19 safety protocols.
VIENNA IN HOLLYWOOD: The Influence and Impact of Austrians on the Hollywood Film Industry, 1920s–2020s
USC Visions & Voices: The Arts and Humanities Initiative
The Arts and Humanities Initiative highlights USC’s commitment to interdisciplinary approaches, featuring a spectacular selection of events conceived and organized by faculty and schools throughout the university. Every Visions and Voices event endeavors to challenge students and expand their perspectives.
- Athletes are performers, too, but they face challenges in letting go of the structure sports creates. Learn how the USC School of Dramatic Arts tackles that with its Master of Fine Arts in Acting students.
- Young entrepreneurs learn how to start a small business and thrive while helping today's USC Kaufman students make their media mark.
- Recognizing the power of storytelling, three university professors across multiple disciplines assembled two crews to make short films to counter vaccine hesitancy.
- USC School of Architecture faculty and students design and build an iconic public pavilion for Joshua Tree visitors.
- Trojans get an in-depth look at the art and how it has become so popular, thanks to USC School of Dramatic Arts faculty member and comedian Wayne Federman.
- See how students use poetry, viola concertos and animated whales to try to wake the world up to climate change.
Arts In Action
Arts In Action supports and creates work that builds upon USC’s pledge to address society’s most pressing issues. By providing resources and funding arts projects within the university and beyond, Arts In Action inspire seeds of change in our community that make a lasting impact.