Arts at USC
The University of Southern California offers an outstanding collection of art schools within a research university setting–unique amongst its peers. USC’s six arts schools, including the USC Fisher Museum and the USC Pacific Asia Museum, collectively produce a diverse array of recitals, performances, exhibitions, screenings, and lectures year-round.
The USC School of Architecture fuses history, theory, technology and design into a variety of degree programs that prepare students for the rigors of the professional design practices.
Art & Design
The USC Roski School of Art and Design’s faculty are internationally recognized artists who offer a progressive approach for experimentation in all forms of visual arts.
The USC School of Cinematic Arts trains fully-formed media makers, collaborators, and scholars situated to flourish in their chosen career path.
The USC Kaufman School of Dance is at the forefront of creating a new model for dance—a hybrid art form expressed in new media, scholarship, studio practice, music, choreography and performance.
The USC School of Dramatic Arts’ conservatory environment blends with the full academic experience found at a major research university.
The USC Thornton School of Music consistently ranks among the top one percent of the nation’s music schools and conservatories.
USC Roski School of Art and Design: USC Wellness Campaign
Roski students created self-portraits that captured the complex emotions of living under COVID-19 safety protocols.
“There Is Another World”: Creative Writing in Response to Divine Immersion: The Experiential Art of Nick Dong with Mushim Patricia Ikeda
USC Visions & Voices: The Arts and Humanities Initiative
The Arts and Humanities Initiative highlights USC’s commitment to interdisciplinary approaches, featuring a spectacular selection of events conceived and organized by faculty and schools throughout the university. Every Visions and Voices event endeavors to challenge students and expand their perspectives.
- After abruptly moving to San Francisco, Danielle Dupre landed her dream job as a post-production sound mixer at Skywalker Sound and has been nominated for her work on WandaVision.
- Ludwig G?ransson won for his work on The Mandalorian, while Carlos Rafael Rivera was tapped for The Queen's Gambit.
- An architect-turned-woodworker draws inspiration from the natural world.
- USC Thornton graduates travel from the Mexican border to Canada. Watch their adventures on video.
- Anniversary benefit honors five extraordinary alumni and celebrates the school's own "Odyssey."
- Renovation of the historic United University Church building will provide the USC School of Dramatic Arts with a state-of-the-art home at the center of the University Park Campus.
Arts In Action
Arts In Action supports and creates work that builds upon USC’s pledge to address society’s most pressing issues. By providing resources and funding arts projects within the university and beyond, Arts In Action inspire seeds of change in our community that make a lasting impact.